Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fat Girls, Skinny Girls, Tall Girls, Small Girls

I know I haven't been keeping up with my weight loss posts, but I am doing it today!

This week, I went to the beach with my boyfriend, and of course that meant I had to take bathing suit pictures. Once I looked at them and compared them with the ones from almost exactly a year ago, I couldn't believe the difference! I'm still not skinny, but I've totally lost weight!
May 2011

July 2012

I know it doesn't seem like much, but dudes, I'm totally getting skinny. I'm at my lowest weight I've been since I was like...12...no joke. And as you can see, I always make stupid faces when facing the sun. 

Seriously though, I've not been exercising or really dieting. At first I was only drinking diet drinks, cut out all candy and fried foods and saw absolutely no results. Then I decided to stop starving and eat like a normal person. At work, instead of getting king size Twizzlers every single day, I'd get them maybe once a week and eat fruit or vegetables as a snack instead. I stopped eating only salads and for almost a month ate nothing but meatball subs for lunch, and you know what? That's when I started seeing results. Once I changed up my diet and actually incorporated all foods, I lost weight. 

As of July 9th, 2012 (two days before my period, so I was totes bloated) I weigh 162lbs even. I know the numbers really don't matter, but I take pride in knowing that number has gotten so low. My work pants from a month ago are too big...my shorts are all too big...lord knows how baggy my jeans are now...But I'm super ok with it. 

I do owe a lot of it to my boyfriend. He wanted to lose weight and asked me to support him...that meant no candy around him and no "Hey baby, can you run to McDonald's for me?" cause he'd totally say no and we'd fight. To keep us happy, I decided what the hell...might as well try too. I've gotten to the point where I feel guilty if I eat something bad. I got a slice of Oreo pie at work the other night, and it tasted like shit...cause all I tasted was guilt. To me, that's awesome. I picked up something bad at work the other day and was like, "oh wait, I ate that honey bun today...better get sliced apples instead." 

Y'all, I'm making good food choices. I've NEVER done that. There was a time where I would eat and entire bag of chips and an entire tub of dip, just because. I already mentioned the king size Twizzlers, EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. I would eat an entire 12' sub and chips. I'd never leave leftovers because I felt I was wasting it. I've learned I don't have to eat until I'm stuffed, but until I'm not hungry anymore. If that means I have to eat more than two times a day, that's perfectly ok. 

According to the BMI calculator, my BMI is 30.6...I'm still "obese" but god dammit I'm the thinnest I've ever been and proud! 

4 comments:

  1. Screw the BMI. It's so stupid. I know plenty of people who are "obese" who look amazing. It doesn't account for body type or muscle mass or anything. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for not only losing some weight, but for being proud of yourself no matter what your size..Your self-confidence is amazing...You look great..Keep on being your own best friend, no matter what.




    Lisa Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Good for you and keep up the good work. Trust me, I know how hard it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Society should not determine how you should look, or what happiness you should derive from appearing a certain way. If you're happy with your appearance, then that is all that matters. I love seeing a person who is self-confident in their appearance and happy. Suffering to proscribe to a certain societal belief in appearance only breeds unhappiness. Happiness should come from within.

    ReplyDelete