Thursday, August 2, 2012

Moroccan Moisture Argan Oil Review

I know I don't review beauty products but I just recently bought a bottle of Moroccan Moisture Argan Oil and my hair looks amazing because of it. Today, at least five people told me how beautiful my hair is. I straightened it, and 12 hours later it was still perfect...even after drizzly rain and 150% humidity because hello, I live in Virginia and if the humidity is below 9000 the Earth will implode.

My hair is a big frizzy mess 90% of the time.

But, this stuff is amazing...it made my normally dry hair soo soft and SHINY! It doesn't feel greasy in the least, and my ponytail is so sleek and shiny it looks like a fall. I dont even know the last time I could run my fingers completely through my hair. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Crystal, I cant take the suspense...please show me your glorious hair!" 

Fret no longer: 



Seriously dude...these pictures were taken after RAIN, HUMIDITY and 12 HOURS! Seriously...I didn't re-touch it up with the flat iron or anything...I did run a brush through it once or twice. Its just as soft and smooth as it was at 5:30 this morning.

I know Moroccan Oil can be expensive, but I got this at Wal Mart for $4.47 for a 4fl oz bottle. Depending on how much hair you have, you only have to use a few drops. As you can see I have a LOT of hair and I only use 3-4 drops. My mom only needed two. Me, my sister, my mom and even my brother have used it and there is barely any gone. I feel like this bottle could last for like, 6 months.

The bottle says to add to damp hair and work evenly from roots to end. I didn't do it like that. My roots are WAY too oily to put actual oil on, so I put it from the base of my neck to the ends. I also did it while it was dry, right before I flat ironed it. Just remember, it is OIL, so if you use it before you flat iron, don't hold the heat on it too long so you don't fry it like bacon, cause I totally burnt my bangs. 

As usual, I was in no way compensated for this post by FX, Wal Mart or Morocco. I just bought it, loved it and had to share the beauty of my hair sheer badassery of this stuff. 

Do you use any kind of moroccan oil? How do you keep your hair tame in the humidity?

3 comments:

  1. Try applying it next time, if you have time, with your hair wet and let it dry naturally, then let us see. Because my hair is so dry I try not to blowdry it. I would love to see if that also makes a difference with the humidity if your hair isn't straightened. Get right on that, would you? Your hair does look great, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunty Lisa I just don't know if you remember that lbm744 was my first email address about 15 years ago. Lisa Bennett Marino....So it's me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using a similar brand when I flat iron my hair for almost 2 years now and I love it. Plus it smells AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete