Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easiest. Recipe. EVER. Chicken tacos

Ok, so I've never done a recipe post before, cause I don't cook. I can make hamburger helper, spaghetti, and other forms of spaghetti. I make a mean spicy Italian sausage fettuccine alfredo though.

Tonight, I was starving, and didn't really have anything to eat. I had some frozen ground chicken and some fettuccine chicken helper. I didn't feel like pasta, and I really wanted tacos. Instead of going to Taco Bell and spending $100 I had a genius idea. Chicken tacos! Dude, this meal cost me like $10 can can easily feed 4 people...2 if you eat like my boyfriend and I.

Note: I'm pretty sure you cannot call this a "recipe" cause you literally do nothing expect follow directs on a box. I'm just calling it that cause I totally used my awesome culinary skills to substitute chicken for beef, so that makes it special.

Ingredients: 

  • 1lb ground chicken. I used Perdue fresh ground chicken $2.98 at Wal Mart.
  • 1 Taco Dinner kit. I used the Food Lion brand, which includes 10 soft tortillas, a packet of taco sauce and a packet of taco seasoning. $1.75 at Food Lion. 
  • Shredded lettuce. I just broke up some lettuce I had in the fridge. I think it was $1.25 at Wal Mart?
  • Shredded cheese. $2.23 at Food Lion. 


Directions:

  • "Brown" chicken in a frying pan until no longer pink. It'll clump up and make ideal taco sized meat chunks. The chicken I used was so lean I didn't even have any grease to drain. That means no strainer to wash yo!
  • Add 1 cup water and taco seasoning...bring to a boil, turn down heat and let simmer until most of the liquid boils out. Takes about 15 mins to finish cooking. 


That's it. Dinner is fucking ready.

Dirty up ONE pan. Minimal dishes

Add some fancy ass plating and there you go
The good thing about this? If you want your kids to eat healthier, lean chicken is so much better than beef, and they literally will not be able to tell the difference. Who doesn't like tacos?

Also, barely any clean up dude.

Also, also, if you want me to post my spicy italian fettuccine alfredo "recipe" let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Been doing this for years!! Another way to cut calories is by using fat free cheese...You won't know the difference in this dish.

    ReplyDelete