Tonight, I was starving, and didn't really have anything to eat. I had some frozen ground chicken and some fettuccine chicken helper. I didn't feel like pasta, and I really wanted tacos. Instead of going to Taco Bell and spending $100 I had a genius idea. Chicken tacos! Dude, this meal cost me like $10 can can easily feed 4 people...2 if you eat like my boyfriend and I.
Note: I'm pretty sure you cannot call this a "recipe" cause you literally do nothing expect follow directs on a box. I'm just calling it that cause I totally used my awesome culinary skills to substitute chicken for beef, so that makes it special.
- 1lb ground chicken. I used Perdue fresh ground chicken $2.98 at Wal Mart.
- 1 Taco Dinner kit. I used the Food Lion brand, which includes 10 soft tortillas, a packet of taco sauce and a packet of taco seasoning. $1.75 at Food Lion.
- Shredded lettuce. I just broke up some lettuce I had in the fridge. I think it was $1.25 at Wal Mart?
- Shredded cheese. $2.23 at Food Lion.
- "Brown" chicken in a frying pan until no longer pink. It'll clump up and make ideal taco sized meat chunks. The chicken I used was so lean I didn't even have any grease to drain. That means no strainer to wash yo!
- Add 1 cup water and taco seasoning...bring to a boil, turn down heat and let simmer until most of the liquid boils out. Takes about 15 mins to finish cooking.
That's it. Dinner is fucking ready.
|Dirty up ONE pan. Minimal dishes|
|Add some fancy ass plating and there you go|
Also, barely any clean up dude.
Also, also, if you want me to post my spicy italian fettuccine alfredo "recipe" let me know.