Sunday, July 3, 2011

"Are you guys sisters?" "No....Yes...MAN!"

My sister and I are a lot like the Butabi brothers. People always ask if we are sisters, and the first thing we say is "No." Then, "Yeeeessss. MAN!" Even if we say no, people don't believe us. The problem is, people more frequently ask if we are twins. Seventeen months apart is pretty close in age, but holy shitballs, no way in fuck are we twins.

Ok I admit, when we both have our hair up, and we are both wearing glasses, we look alike...kinda.
Me on the left, my sister on the right.

I never really thought we looked that much alike until I uploaded pictures to Facebook this morning. Have you seen the new auto-tagging feature? Well, its still got a few kinks to work out...like tagging MY SISTER AS ME!  Oh, and did I mention she was making an ugly, scrunched up face because she was facing the sun? 

This totally doesn't seem like a big deal, but when I get asked DAILY if me and my younger sister are twins, it gets irritating. 

Its great that I have a sister so close in age. We share clothes and shoes. We party together. We have inside jokes and have the same friends. I love my sister more than anything, but goddammit we are NOT fucking twins! 
I don't see the resemblance here. I'm obviously the pretty "twin"


No comments:

Post a Comment