Tuesday, October 18, 2011

If it seems too good to be true, it is.

If any of you follow me on Twitter, you know I had a not-so-great date last night. If you have ever read this blog, you know I am a terrible dater. Last night wasn't much of an exception.

I, once again, went out with a guy I met at work. He is a nice guy with a great personality, but from the minute he picked me up I knew how it was going to end.

He was wearing a tshirt and old man jeans. Despite his ugly attire, he did politely open the car door for me and ask me where I wanted to have dinner. We decided to skip dinner since I wasn't very hungry, and headed straight to the bowling alley.

Once we got there, he was a gentleman and paid for the bowling. We were having fun, but he had some weird quirks. He kept kissing me and audibly saying, "MWAH!" when he did. Then he kept pulling me to sit on his lap. I am not huge on PDA so it was a little uncomfortable. I ordered a margarita, then a glass of wine, but refused to let him pay for it. I didn't want him to feel I was taking advantage of him.

Still willing to give him a chance, we went to a hookah bar after bowling. I ordered a sandwich since I didn't eat at the bowling alley. I wasn't very happy with it because there was some soggy bread, so I picked it off and put it on the plate. This dude kept picking the soggy bread off my plate and eating it...uh ew. Since I hadn't slept since before work the night before, I decided it was time for the night to end.

He takes me home and attempts to walk me to the door, but I tell him its not necessary. As I'm walking around the car he pulls me in for a hug and leans in for a kiss. Oh Fuck. So I let him kiss me on the lips for like, a second and pull away. He still has his arms around me and says, "Well, can I have some more?" and leans in for another kiss. So I have like half a second to decide if I'm nice enough to let this guy slip me the tongue. Before I could decide, it happened and holy fuck I couldn't get away fast enough.

The final kiss lasted less than 10 seconds. I literally pushed him away and said, "Ok I'm going to bed now. I had fun. Talk to you later." I may have actually ran to the house. I was halfway in the door before he said, "I gotta figure out how to get out of here." Oops...I gave him directions to the interstate and bolted in the fucking door.

I did give him the obligatory "Hey, whats up?" text today, but he didn't respond. I think its safe to say he knows there will be no follow up date.

In retrospect, I should have realized something was wrong since he is nearly 30, unmarried and has no kids.

2 comments:

  1. Ewww. You are so strong, though. Do you know how many wussy chicks there are who will take anything instead of being alone? Although at his age and still being alone, well, I guess there was no one who felt so horrible about themselves to become involved. You go girl. Don't settle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "nearly 30, unmarried with no kids"????? That's pretty normal, unless, of course, you are from Kentucky (like me!) Try being 44 and trying to date, meeting men my age who are "unmarried with no kids". Now there's a case of "something was wrong"....

    ReplyDelete