Thursday, February 2, 2012

Diet is a 4 letter word

Warning: This post contains the dreaded 4 letter word that no woman likes to hear. 

I have started doing something I said I'd never do. I've always said I'm happy with my weight and if you don't like it you don't have to look at it. If you don't like that my ass jiggles, you can kiss my jiggly ass. But one day,  I made a decision. I went on a diet. (GASP! I said the D word!)

 *I* went on a diet. On November 30th I made the decision to stop drinking all regular drinks and only drink diet drinks, water and unsweet tea. I cut waaayyy back on my consumption of candy and sugar. I started practicing portion control. 

I set a super realistic goal. My goal was to fit into a size 10 at Old Navy (which we all know vanity sizes like a mother fucker, but hey it's a goal). 

Last Friday I went to Old Navy and fit into a size 10. Now, I am soo motivated it's crazy! I've been eating cheese and crackers with grapes, carrots, celery, granola bars in lieu of candy bars and drinking water. 

The other day I went to Wal Mart and while walking around I picked up some lunch and a few snacks. I picked up a 6 pack of Reese's peanut butter cups and was on my way to pick up a 6 pack of diet Dr. Pepper. Halfway to the drink aisle I put down the candy and picked up fudge covered granola bars instead. Then I decided to get sugar free water flavoring packets instead of diet Dr. Pepper. 

I also went for a 45 minute walk. 

Yeah I'm totally bragging about my three good decisions. But you know what? I did it. I met my goal and I am super motivated to keep going! Who knows what I can accomplish! 

Every month I'm going to chronicle how my weight loss is going with pictures starting with October of 2011.

So I'm gonna post a few before picture of me, and when I decide I'm just too sexy to lose anymore weight I'll post my after. 
October 2011 (I'm Little Red Riding Hood) 

January 2012
Stay tuned as I continue to struggle with making myself eat less pasta, drink more water, and take my lazy ass outside to actually get some exercise. Also, feel free to tell me I'm losing lots of weight and look amazing. 

Have you been dieting? Are you struggling with it? Are you succeeding? Don't I look amazing so far? Let me know in the comments. 


2 comments:

  1. you look great! i started a diet Jan 2nd 2012 and I met my weight loss goal of 5 lbs for the month. I have the same goal for this month. Thanks to the stomach virus I got, I'm almost there! lol Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I've been back on Weight Watchers for 2.5 months. I did well for the first 8 weeks, and now I'm struggling a lot and saw a gain on the scale last week and wanted to punch myself. BUT I'm trying to get back on track and hoping that it'll keep getting warmer so I can walk outside more. You look great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete